Information and Guidlines regarding Coronavirus
The Department of Chemistry takes into account the guidelines of the university management effective from 03.12.2021 and changes the operating concept with immediate effect as follows (further information can be found in the detailed operation concept and on the University's website):
- A mask must be worn at all times in all publicly accessible rooms (hallways, stairwells, lecture halls, elevators).
- The mask may only be removed in the cafeterias, the refectories and the University of Basel when food and drinks are consumed while seated.
- With the introduction of the certificate requirement for teaching on November 1, 2021, the University of Basel is striving for as much face-to-face teaching and normality as possible. The certificate requirement applies to both students and lecturers. For face-to-face courses, full occupancy of the rooms is now permitted. The basic obligation to wear a mask is maintained, since a comprehensive control of certificates is not possible.
Working at the University
- In all workrooms, a general obligation to wear a mask applies to two or more persons.
- Experimental research is not restricted and should be continued within the framework of current safety concepts.
- Apéros in- and outside the rooms of the University of Basel, Department of Chemistry, are not allowed.
- Beginning Thursday, December 9, 2021, all employees must have a university-approved certificate to enter the workplace.