Information and Guidlines regarding Coronavirus
The Departement of Chemistry meets the thightened University's guidelines of 2 November 2020 and adapts its operating concept accordingly (further information can be found in the detaild operation concept and on the University's website):
Currently there are no classroom lessons! All lectures are online.
- A mask must always be worn in all publicly accessible rooms.
- The mask may only be taken off in the cafeterias, refectories and public areas of the University of Basel while food and drink are being consumed and while sitting down.
Working at the University
- All employees are requested to implement home office whenever possible!
- In work rooms (laboratories, offices, stockrooms, meeting rooms, libraries, learning rooms), a general mask obligation applies if more than one person is present. The distance rule of 1.5 meters must be observed even with a mask.
- Experimental research is not restricted and should be continued within the framework of current safety concepts.
- Physical sessions are now only permitted with masks. This also applies even when only two people meet.
- Aperos (parties) on the premises of the University of Basel remain prohibited.