Information and Guidlines regarding Coronavirus
The Department of Chemistry takes into account the guidelines of the university management effective from 26.06.2021 and changes the operating concept with immediate effect as follows (further information can be found in the detailed operation concept and on the University's website):
Currently there are no classroom lessons! All lectures are online.
- A mask must be worn at all times in all publicly accessible rooms (hallways, stairwells, lecture halls, elevators).
- The mask may only be removed in the cafeterias, the refectories and the University of Basel when food and drinks are consumed while seated.
Working at the University
- University employees are encouraged to work in home office whenever possible.
- In all workrooms, a general obligation to wear a mask applies to two or more persons if the minimum distance of 1.5 meters cannot be maintained. Otherwise, it is no longer mandatory to wear a mask.
- Experimental research is not restricted and should be continued within the framework of current safety concepts.
- Apéros on the premises of the University of Basel remain prohibited. Apéros outside the rooms of the University of Basel can be requested via Management & Corona Task Force.