The Department of Chemistry of the University Basel offers a large variety of MS services to all its research groups. This includes high-resolution MS (see below for sample submission), tandem MS as well as coupled systems (e.g. LC-MS). We also offer so-called “open access” devices, which every group member is free to use (see below for more information). In addition, we are happy to support you in any MS related issues.
We ask external groups or interested parties to contact us directly via e-mail.
- Bruker maxis II - ESI-MS – high resolution, coupled with mit Shimadzu UPLC (Rosental)
- Bruker maxis 4G - ESI-MS – high resolution, LC-MS Kopplung with Thermo Fischer UPLC
- Shimadzu LCMS2020, ESI-MS coupled with Shimadzu HPLC (St. Johanns-Ring)
- Shimadzu LCMS2020, ESI-MS coupled with Shimadzu HPLC (Rosental)
- Bruker microflex – MALDI-MS (St. Johanns-Ring)
- Bruker rapifleX – MALDI-MS – “MALDI-imaging” (Rosental)
- Shimadzu MALDI-8020 (Rosental)
Sample submission for high-resolution ESI-MS analyses (internal)
Open Access Devices
The Shimadzu LCMS2020 (HPLC-ESI-MS with autosampler) in Lab E00.038 (1096 Rosental) and the Shimadzu LCMS2020 (HPLC-ESI-MS with autosampler) in “Messraum 5” (St. Johanns-Ring) can be used by any group member after training through the analytics team. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).